Posts : 2543
Points : 5008
Reputation : 1287
Join date : 2011-05-23
Age : 26
Location : Lubao, Pampanga
|Subject: How to trust your partner? Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:49 pm|| |
Do you trust your partner? How to deal with trust issues in a relationship? How to trust your partner?
Lack of trust or what some call doubt is a mental illness that affects many relationships negatively. Lack of trust is a huge problem that can ruin the relationship. Lack of trust could lead you to start checking your loved ones mobile, purses, cars, clothes, watching them, and stalking them among other things.
As I stated in my book “How to win your lover’s heart” lack of trust makes you live in fear, worry, and distress. It also could lead you to depression among other mental problems. If you suffer from this illness, which is called lack of trust, then you need to learn how to overcome it, otherwise, it will ruin your relationship with your partner.
If your goal is to learn how to build trust in a relationship, follow the below steps:
1. When you begin to doubt your partner, stop right away and switch the thought to a positive one. Stopping the thought as soon as it starts is one of the most effective ways you can do to overcome lack of trust in a relationship.
2. If you have witnessed something that makes you doubt your partner, then talk to your partner about it in a calm way. Communication is the key.
3. If you have seen your parents deal with a lack of trust issue, then it is better to start working on healing yourself, work with a counselor or a life coach. Research shows that many people who lack trust in their relationship do so because they learned to doubt their partners from seeing their parents not trusting each other. Therefore, to build trust in a relationship, you need to start healing yourself and changing your mental habits.
4. Learn to be sincere and truthful. If you have a lack of trust problem now and you have lost the trust from your partner, then don’t worry. You can regain the trust from your partner in a few months if you are willing to overcome your lack of trust issues and doubts, you just have to be sincere and truthful.
5. Learn visualization as it is one of the best ways to relax you and will help you get rid of lack of trust issues. When you are relaxed, you can start to visualize yourself that you and your partner trust each other, understand each other, and love each other. Remember, visualization helps you to program your subconscious mind with what you want to achieve.
6. To build trust in a relationship, you have to build your self confidence. Many people’s lack of trust issues stem for lack of confidence. For example, Jennifer mentions that every time her partner, John talks to a woman, she gets jealous and starts having some doubts. She starts asking questions such as “Does he love me?” “Does he find me attractive?” “Why is he talking to her?” “Why is he late?”
If Jennifer is confident in herself, she would know that her partner John is loyal to her and that he loves her and finds her attractive. She wouldn’t be sensitive to every move that her partner makes. She wouldn’t think negative thoughts as the above questions usually stem for lack of confidence.
Always remember the famous proverb by Lao Tzu, “He who does not trust enough, will not be trusted.”