Posts : 2543
Points : 5008
Reputation : 1287
Join date : 2011-05-23
Age : 25
Location : Lubao, Pampanga
|Subject: Falling OUT of Love Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:38 am|| |
Falling in Love is important and an art form, but sometimes, we also need to learn how to fall out of love.
Be it a hurtful relationship we have to leave or being stuck in love with somebody, who we are not together with anymore, unable to get it over it.
It happens to most of us at some point in time, that is why I want to share with you a process designed by Richard Bandler, one of the founders of NLP.
1. Think of the person that you want to fall out of love with.
2. Remember all the good memories about being with them by seeing yourself in the memories. See the movies run backwards and make them all in black and white and small.
3. Remember all the times they treated you badly and all the negative feelings around them by imagining yourself looking at them inside the image, fully associated to what has happened.
4. Take every bad thing they did and imagine all of them, one after another as if played back to back on a movie screen. Run this movie over and over until you get sick of it.
5. Take something that is disgusting to you and then move the image of the person into the submodalities of the disgusting image, e.g. if you hate the look and smell of mushrooms, get a plate of it, take in the look and smell and open up a picture of that person over and over again.
6. Imagine a wonderful future free of them and imagine yourself being happy and free and step into that image.
It is key, to not only see the pictures, but also hear and feel what is happening.
If you are not sure it worked, do it several times.
It is like learning to ride a bicycle, initially, you cannot drive perfectly, but soon you’ll get it.